Chocolate Covered Pretzles & One in the Oven!


Well some of you may have noticed that my blog has slowed down considerably over the last few months. If there was ever a good excuse, this is it... I'm pregnant! Very pregnant as a matter of fact, my due date is in less than a month! Ross and I couldn't possibly be more excited. This is our first baby and somehow time seems to be standing still and going in fast forward all at once.

I didn't plan on blogging so infrequently while I was pregnant, but it just kind of got away from me. It started with the first trimester nausea where I couldn't stomach the thought of being in the kitchen cooking. Then I took a few trips that had me out of town and away from my kitchen for awhile. And then I just kind of lost my baking mojo. I didn't seem to have the energy to bake, and when I did, I seemed to always forget to take pictures.

Now, with my due date quickly approaching, I seem to have my mojo back. I'm realizing that in one month I probably won't have the freedom (or energy) to whip up a back of cookies on a whim just because I feel like it. This has me taking advantage of what time I have left and all of sudden I have a long list of things I can't wait to make (and blog about)! I know I should probably be focused on making some freezer meals for after the baby is here, but I just can't help making a few sweet treats too.

These pretzels are an homage to my pregnancy. I didn't have any weird pregnancy cravings like pickles and ice cream, and I never sent Ross out in the middle of the night for something I just had to have, but I did develop a slight obsession with pretzels. It started in my first trimester when I was nauseous all the time; the only thing I seemed to want to eat was pretzels. I think I've consumed more pretzels in the past 8 months than I have in my entire life. I think it's something about the saltiness that really does it for me. And these chocolate covered pretzels, well they're just about perfection my eyes! The salty and the sweet are perfect together and the colorful sprinkles just make me happy!

Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Ingredients:
  • Mini Pretzels
  • 1 lb chocolate (any kind will do) or candy melts
  • Sprinkles (optional)
Directions:
  1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler.
  2. Dip the pretzels in the chocolate. I did this buy submerging the pretzels in the chocolate and then fishing it out with a fork. I would tap the fork against the side of the bowl to let any excess chocolate drip off.
  3. Place the pretzels on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
  4. Apply sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.

8 comments:

Russell at Chasing Delicious said...

Congratulations! These pretzels look adorable too. I love the colorful sprinkles against the white chocolate. I wont ever know what it it like to be pregnant but I do know what it is like to love pretzels! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Natalie said...

CONGRATS! so exciting! enjoy this new phase of life :)

Anonymous said...

best wishes!!

alana said...

this is a fantastic idea - and i absolutely adore your photography.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

My kids would eat the whole bowl full before they made it to the table. :)

And wow, what wonderful news! A huge congratulations to you!!!

RavieNomNoms said...

This great!! I love sprinkles...I saw this on foodgawker and just had to come over and see what this was all about

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! You will LOVE being a mommy!!!!! :)

Jessica said...

I know you posted this a year ago... but I've had these in mind to have ready in a jar for my midwives and friends around the time I give birth. Instead of sprinkles, I'm going to tint a little of the white chocolate pink and drizzle a pink top coat on it (in celebration of my little girl to be) My question is, how long do you think these will last? Stay crunchy? A week? More? I guess your baby is about to turn 1! Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment